CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tuesday Musing #17

Are you addicted to anything? And if so what??

I am addicted to sleep and my kids are putting me through a
Twelve Step Program!

Here's their plan, starting with the evening meal (as close as I can figure it out) -

1. Naomi will make a huge mess at dinner.

2.Michael and Kelly will each eat as slowly as tired sloths.

3.Everyone given a job to help clean up the kitchen should moan and each take at least five minutes kicking against the pricks before they get around to doing it.

4.The three oldest girls will get distracted while brushing and flossing by talking about one of the following subjects - boys, weird teachers, clothes, how much homework they have, or boys (did I mention Boys?).

5.Someone will inform me that they need some vital supply for school from Target tonight.

6. Someone else will meet me at the door when I get home to tell me they just drank the last of the milk.

7.Michael will get into a long philosophical discussion about which pjs he wants to wear and why: preferably the ones he "has" to wear will be dirty in the laundry and he can throw a tantrum to drag the whole process out.

8.Heather and Gwen should each find 58 papers for me to read and sign for school tomorrow.

9.Naomi will get her second wind and decide she doesn't want to go to bed until next Wednesday.

10.Three or four people will announce they all need the internet for their homework right now and will need me to make up a schedule of whose turn is when.

11.Everyone will decide it has been so long since dinner (or their sloth like behavior didn't allow enough calories to be ingested) that they need a snack and then they'll ask for drinks.

12.The snack will give a surge of energy to everyone's brain and Summer will think of two questions, Rachel will come up with one, Heather will voice a couple, Gwen will list at least three or four, Kelly will ask five questions of her own and Michael, just wanting to get in on the action, will holler two or three questions that make absolutely no sense whatsoever, just so that he can have a turn!




P.S. Here's my other addiction - checking out the "free" silver jewelry - Silver Jewelry Club

0 comments: