CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tuesday Musing #10, Part B

I'm not 40 (yet!) and the laundry isn't done...

...but I am admitting it probably never will be until we join a nudist colony, so here I go, trying again...

Do you collect anything? If so, what? If not then, why…or what would you collect if you had to start a collection?

Here is one problem with procrastinating my Tuesday Musing - I have much more time to think of what to say and it is more work to say it. At first, I thought," I don't collect anything" but I've thought of so many odds and ends I collect, I'm starting to wonder if I need to go to Pack Rats Anonymous. Either that or move across the country without a U-haul...

I have my large collection of unfiled, left over from last school year, papers and books.

I have an always growing collection of nail polish which I mostly use on my toes and then blog about. (Speaking of blogs, I have a small collection of them.)

I have a collection of unfinished sewing and beading projects. Another name for these is "unrealized dreams".

I also have plenty of beads that I didn't buy for a specific project, but that I've acquired for the same reason females throughout the ages gathered stuff - because they are shiny and pretty.


Speaking of pretty, I like vases and whenever someone is going somewhere exotic and kindly asks what they can bring me, I'll say "a vase". These are from India, The Philippines and China. Thanks Lorna, Richard and Dad.

Finally, what I wish I could collect an entire collection of first edition books by and about P.G. Wodehouse. I reconcile myself to collecting reprints. On the bright side, I still laugh as hard when I read my copies, and I let myself read them a lot more often than I would if they were actually valuable.


0 comments: