CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Tuesday Musings #7

If you woke up tomorrow morning and were someone else, who would you hope to be?

Okay, here it is my turn to choose the topic and I am the last one to post! If you look at the date above and the time below, you can see when I put the topic in, saved the first draft, and started trying to figure out who I'd be. Kind of like Rebecca, I kept thinking of downsides to each person I considered.

Here are some of the people I thought about choosing -

Benjamin Franklin - how cool to be both a silversmith and a founding father

Calamity Jane - pros - a great nickname and got to ride horses a lot
cons - hung around with a bunch of smelly guys and prostitutes

Joan of Arc - didn't she ride horses, too?

Artemisia Gentieschi - but would I really want to suffer that much just to paint with emotion?

and another artist - Sudcliff Maudsley

Carole Lombard - I think she was so funny, but that's where my admiration stops

Julia Child - hey, I'd just want to eat like her for a day

Neil Armstrong - he is still tempting, but I found someone more well rounded -

and the winner is -




because she did everything I don't have time to do. She climbed mountains, wrote books, canoed, flew planes and balloons (that is my favorite), fenced, played tennis, rode horses (that is my second favorite) and even spoke five languages (including Esperanto)!

Woo hoo - wouldn't that be fun?

5 comments:

Kristin said...

OK, I knew most of the people you were choosing from but the ultimate I do NOT. So...now I have to google her! Sounds fun.

AES said...

Or...her name is a link to the Wikipedia page about her...

Rebecca said...

I too will be looking her up. This is where I see the obvious difference in our educational state and why I love to get little bits of what is going on in your ever surprising and intelligent brain. Very cool possibilities!

AES said...

Oh, educational, smeducational...you have a degree and I don't :) I wanted to find one of those adventurer type women who flew planes in the early days, or someone who rode horses all day and when I came across Marie on Wikipedia, I knew I'd found my girl. She was absolutely amazing and I like to dream about being absolutely amazing :)

Emily said...

Look at you picking all those smart and educated people....